The University of Iowa College of Pharmacy promotes involvement of student pharmacists in global health service, scholarship, research, and collaborations around the work. Students can participate in a range of experiences from:
- Service learning trips:
- UI-Rotary Service Project annually to Xicotepec, Mexico
- Mission trips to rural Uganda
- Global research:
- Often through projects stemming from reciprocal partnerships and overseen by a faculty advisor.
- Advanced pharmacy practice experiences:
- Provide students with the opportunity for cultural exposure and to learn about the delivery of healthcare around the world.
- Global Health Related Coursework:
- Global Health Certificates
- PharmD-Masters of Public Health Degree
- Public Health Certificate
Additional information can be located at: https://pharmacy.uiowa.edu/global-student-opportunities.
We hope that this site helps our students to share and reflect on their experiences in an ethical and culturally appropriate manner.